CAJUN-STYLE BLACKENED SALMON FILLETS
Salmon may already taste great on its own, but if you really want to elevate the flavors even further then give this Cajun-style blend of spices a try.
This recipe creates an awesome smoky flavor to really kick things up a notch and works great on top of a bed of greens or alongside a basic carbohydrate source such as rice or potatoes.
Not only is each salmon fillet packed with 30 grams of high quality protein, but it also provides a good dose of healthy omega-3’s which deliver an endless list of health benefits such as improving cardiovascular health, protecting the joints and even boosting brain function.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 Wild Salmon Fillets, skin on (230g packet)
1.5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or Garam Masala)
1 tsp Medium Chilli Powder
1 tsp Smoked Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp Dried Basil
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp Ground White Pepper
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Mix up all the spices together in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Coat both sides of the salmon fillets with the olive oil, and then sprinkle the spice mix onto both sides. Rub the spices onto both sides of the salmon making sure that it’s evenly distributed.
3. Place a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. It will probably get quite smoky, so make sure to turn your oven fan on before getting started. Add a splash of olive oil and place the salmon fillets into the pan with the skin facing down.
4. Fry the fillets for 5 minutes on one side (use a spatula to continually move them around so they don’t stick), and then flip them and cook for 5 minutes on the other side.
5. Serve with a squeeze of lemon alongside any carbohydrate source(s) of your choice, such as rice, potatoes, veggies, greens etc.
Nutrition Facts Per Fillet