TOASTED COCONUT AND VANILLA “NO BAKE” WHEY PROTEIN BARS
Protein bars are a great addition to your muscle building or fat burning diet because they’re a high quality source of nutrition when prepared properly and are easy to take with you on the go.
Here’s an awesome “no bake” homemade protein bar recipe that tastes great and can be put together in 10 minutes flat using only 5 basic ingredients.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Freeze Time: 30 minutes
– 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (any flavor of your choice can be used)
– 1/4 cup flaked coconut (you can toast the coconut flakes on a dry skillet for an added touch)
– 1/4 cup coconut flour (almond flour or a grain-based flour like oat flour or quinoa flour can also be used)
– 1/4 cup semi-skimmed milk (coconut or almond milk are also good choices, especially if you don’t want to keep the bars refrigerated)
– 30g 85% dark chocolate
1. Combine the whey protein powder and flour together in a bowl.
2. Bind the powder and flour with the milk (a small amount of nut butter can be added as well), using just enough milk to make the batter come together like a dough. The goal here is to create a batter that you can roll and shape into bars using your hands.
3. Shape the batter into 3 different bars.
4. Melt the chocolate separately and, once melted, dunk the bars in to cover them. Or, you can simply pour the chocolate on top of the bars if you’d prefer.
5. Place the bars in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Bar